There is no "standard procedure" for informing an insurance company of a retirement. Usually this is done by letter. The fact that a claimant is resigning/retiring should have no impact on a current claim. The issue with every claim is whether or not the insured can work. If the medical records indicate that he can work, then generally his claim will be terminated.
Here's Why You Should Let BenGlassLaw Be Your Guide With Your Disability Claim
- The insurance company owes you money and they are saying that you and your doctors are lying to them.
- The financial security they promised you when you signed up is still sitting in their bank account.
- We understand your frustration. We've been doing this as BenGlassLaw since 1995 and Ben Glass has been representing people against insurance companies since 1983. We've seen every conceivable insurance company excuse for not paying a claim.
- No one in Virginia matches our experience. BenGlassLaw files more disability appeals and lawsuits in Virginia than any other firm. In fact over 80% of all new long-term disability lawsuits filed in the Federal Courts in Virginia are filed by BenGlassLaw. (Verify on Pacer, the official government site for Federal Court lawsuits.) Here's our secret to how this gets done.
- We get money for the client in over 90% of the cases that we accept for representation.
- The non-lawyers on our long-term disability team know more about ERISA disability claims than 99.9% of all lawyers.
- Lawyers from around the country pay up to $8,000 to attend BenGlassLaw disability seminars held in our world class training center.
- If you have a denial letter, we make it super-easy to get it reviewed and evaluated, for free. Visit www.FreeDenialLetterReview.com.
- We help people all over the country, using local counsel when required, at no additional charge to the client. We believe that disability claimants should have access to the right attorney for them, no matter where the claimant lives.
- We have better online reviews for our long-term disabilty team. Read them here.
- Ben Glass is the author of a terrific book on long-term disabilty claims that you can download.
- Not near us? Your location doesn't matter. Most of our clients never set foot in our office. (But you can take a tour of BenGlassLaw here!)
- We have a proven process that puts you in the best position to win your claim.
- We stay with you for the life of the claim. Once you have us its never you v. the insurance company again.
- You will be sorely tempted to do your own appeal. Please watch all of this video - a federal judge told Ben "these people neeed lawyers."
- If do choose to go at this without a lawyer please watch all of this video. We explain what goes into an appeal.