Four Statements That Are True About Car Accidents in Virginia
Following a Virginia Car Accident, there are four common occurrences that you will likely see or have seen already:
- The insurance company will work hard to dimmish your claim in order to win.
- The insurance company will make you and your doctors feel like you are wrong for thinking your car accident could have caused as much damage as it did.
- The insurance company will explain their decision to you, but their decision will not make sense to anyone you tell your story to.
- The insurance company will keep your money in their pocket for as long as you let them.
If the four statements above are true, then you are likely looking for a few important traits in a law firm.
- The experience to understand your journey
- Best-in-class support team to support you through the settlement process
- They will honestly tell you if working with them will bring value to your case.
Next Steps Following a Virginia Car Accident
First, you should focus on healing from your injuries if you suffered any in the crash. We are sorry you are going through this and we sincerely hope you have a speedy recovery.
Your next steps should include researching Virginia's accident laws (Virginia's accident laws are very different than most of the country) and sorting through the best car accident lawyer candidates to help you through the settlement process.
To make the process easier for you, we have included (below) links to our vast library of free information on everything you need to know about Virginia car accidents.
Virginia Car Accident Resources
- BenGlassLaw has created several books, videos, and webinars, where you can learn about the process of car accident claims. We recommend that you start with GetItSettled and GetItSettled University, where you can learn how to settle your car accident claim without an attorney.
- If you’d like to know how much your car accident claim is worth, view our FREE webinar, “How Much is Your Personal Injury Claim Worth.” This webinar will teach you how insurance companies view car accident claims, and what you should do before you negotiate with the adjuster.
- Call our office at (703) 584-7277 and speak to one of our staff members about your case. Our client care specialists will get the details of your accident and schedule a time when you can speak with Brian Glass. We have a proven process for handling Virginia car accident cases.
- Browse our collection of articles, FAQs, and blog posts about personal injury cases. If you don’t see your question answered there, fill out a contact form on our website and tell us about your specific situation.
- Visit AttorneySearchSecrets.com for help in finding the right lawyer for you and your family.
The Virginia car accident team at BenGlassLaw wants to help you get a fair result for your personal injury case so you can get back to living your life. Our main office is in Fairfax, VA, but we can meet with clients virtually or by phone anywhere in Virginia.
How To Find the Best Car Accident Lawyer for Your Case
Ok, so you are on the Internet searching for the best possible Virginia car accident attorney for your case. Make sure you check out AttorneySearchSecrets.com. It will open your eyes to some of the claims you see lawyers make on their websites. After all, you probably don't want to hire someone who does injury cases as a "side-hustle."
*Self-explanatory image from an attorney only Facebook group
Common Virginia Car Accident Questions
"Is it possible to settle my own case if I was not injured and there was only property damage?"
Yes, and we've published a report you can download for free. But the truth is that you should still speak to an attorney about your case, especially if you've been injured in an accident.
- "Should I speak to the insurance adjuster?"
Yes, you can. Just make sure you're informed about your rights. Keep in mind, anything you say to an insurance adjuster can be used against you in your claim. Feel free to talk to us first. There's no charge for a strategy call!
- "Should I sign the medical records release for the insurance adjuster?"
The insurance company is going to need to see your medical records at some point. We recommend, at a minimum, that you (or your attorney) see them first in order to make sure they are correct and complete.
- "What is 'contributory negligence' in a car accident case?"
Virginia has a harsh 1% rule. If you are at fault even 1%, you will not win your case. It is essential that you find an attorney that will be honest with you about this 1% rule.
- "Who will pay my medical bills until my case is settled?"
If you have health insurance, submit your bills to your health insurance company. If you don't have health insurance, you will need to arrange payments with your doctor or hospital. Avoid letting your bills go to collections because that can hurt your credit. We can often work with your doctors to delay collection efforts if you do not have insurance
What You Should Do if You Have Already Done Your Research
Click on the red "TELL US YOUR STORY" bar (above) and let's get started.
Here is a statement from one of our former clients who were once in the same shoes as you are now:
"After my Fairfax car accident, I wasn’t sure what I should or shouldn’t do. I was confused and a lot of the paperwork and phone calls from the insurance company were overwhelming me. I found Brian Glass through some internet searches and am glad I did.
Brian is very helpful and communicated patiently and effectively. He always took the time to call/email and tell me what my options were, what the plan was, and always gave good suggestions. He was able to go above and beyond and resolve my case given my circumstances. For that, I will always be grateful. They are stand-up professionals and worthy of representing you."
Tour the BenGlassLaw Offices!
What You Can Expect When You Call Us Today:
- You will speak to our Virginia Car Accident Specialist about your case. They will ask you:
- Where the accident happened
- What were your injuries
- If there was a police report
- What happened just before the accident
- What happened just after the accident
- Who was in the vehicle with you
- What your medical treatment has been since the accident
- If you missed work or other appointments
- What the insurance company has communicated with you
- Our Virginia Car Accident Specialist will make you an appointment to speak with one of our attorneys. If we do not take your specific type of case, we will refer you to one of our attorney partners who can best assist you.
- After your call, you will receive an introductory toolkit with information about your case and resources you can use.
We believe in adding value to people's lives. If we see that hiring us will not add value to your claim, we will make a recommendation for an attorney who can help or, give you information on settling your case yourself. We will NEVER pressure you into hiring us for your case if that does not benefit you.