What You Should Do if You Have Already Done Your Research
Click on the red "TELL US YOUR STORY" bar (above) and let's get started.
Four Reasons to Give Us a Quick (and Free) Call After Your Virginia Car Accident
Look, you may or may not end up actually needing to hire an attorney for your claim. Many people won't need us but we also know that some people are just fearful of calling a lawyer. We've heard I'm afraid a lawyer will talk me into hiring them or I'm afraid I'll end up with less money in my pocket if I hire an attorney or all those lawyer ads say the same thing and I can't tell who's just trolling for clients and who's advertising for Virginia personal injury cases as a side-hustle.*
Go ahead. Give us a call. Test us. It will be worth your time.
For Truths about Virginia Car Accident Claims:
- The insurance company will work hard to dimmish your claim in order to win.
- The insurance company will make you and your doctors feel like you are wrong for thinking your car accident could have caused as much damage as it did.
- The insurance company will explain their decision to you, but their decision will not make sense to anyone you tell your story to.
- The insurance company will keep your money in their pocket for as long as you let them.
If you are like most of the clients who have walked through our doors for the last 26 years, then you are likely looking for a few important traits in a law firm.
- The experience to understand your journey
- Best-in-class support team to support you through the settlement process
- One that will honestly tell you if working with them will bring value to your case.
Virginia Car Accident Resources
- Visit AttorneySearchSecrets.com for help in finding the right lawyer for you and your family.
- BenGlassLaw has created several books, videos, and webinars, where you can learn about the process of car accident claims. We recommend that you start with GetItSettled and GetItSettled University, where you can learn how to settle your car accident claim without an attorney.
- If you’d like to know how much your car accident claim is worth, view our FREE webinar, “How Much is Your Personal Injury Claim Worth.” This webinar will teach you how insurance companies view car accident claims, and what you should do before you negotiate with the adjuster.
*Warning: There are Lawyers Advertising on the Internet for Personal Injury Cases as a "Side-hustle"
*Self-explanatory image from an attorney only Facebook group
Common Virginia Car Accident Questions
"Is it possible to settle my own case if I was not injured and there was only property damage?"
Yes, and we've published a report you can download for free. But the truth is that you should still speak to an attorney about your case, especially if you've been injured in an accident.
- "Should I speak to the insurance adjuster?"
Yes, you can. Just make sure you're informed about your rights. Keep in mind, anything you say to an insurance adjuster can be used against you in your claim. Feel free to talk to us first. There's no charge for a strategy call!
- "Should I sign the medical records release for the insurance adjuster?"
The insurance company is going to need to see your medical records at some point. We recommend, at a minimum, that you (or your attorney) see them first in order to make sure they are correct and complete.
- "What is 'contributory negligence' in a car accident case?"
Virginia has a harsh 1% rule. If you are at fault even 1%, you will not win your case. It is essential that you find an attorney that will be honest with you about this 1% rule.
- "Who will pay my medical bills until my case is settled?"
If you have health insurance, submit your bills to your health insurance company. If you don't have health insurance, you will need to arrange payments with your doctor or hospital. Avoid letting your bills go to collections because that can hurt your credit. We can often work with your doctors to delay collection efforts if you do not have insurance
Here is a statement from one of our former clients who were once in the same shoes as you are now:
"After my Fairfax car accident, I wasn’t sure what I should or shouldn’t do. I was confused and a lot of the paperwork and phone calls from the insurance company were overwhelming me. I found Brian Glass through some internet searches and am glad I did.
Brian is very helpful and communicated patiently and effectively. He always took the time to call/email and tell me what my options were, what the plan was, and always gave good suggestions. He was able to go above and beyond and resolve my case given my circumstances. For that, I will always be grateful. They are stand-up professionals and worthy of representing you."
Tour the BenGlassLaw Offices!
What You Can Expect When You Call Us Today:
- You will speak to our Virginia Car Accident Specialist about your case. They will ask you:
- Where the accident happened
- What were your injuries
- If there was a police report
- What happened just before the accident
- What happened just after the accident
- Who was in the vehicle with you
- What your medical treatment has been since the accident
- If you missed work or other appointments
- What the insurance company has communicated with you
- Our Virginia Car Accident Specialist will make you an appointment to speak with one of our attorneys. If we do not take your specific type of case, we will refer you to one of our attorney partners who can best assist you.
- After your call, you will receive an introductory toolkit with information about your case and resources you can use.
We believe in adding value to people's lives. If we see that hiring us will not add value to your claim, we will make a recommendation for an attorney who can help or, give you information on settling your case yourself. We will NEVER pressure you into hiring us for your case if that does not benefit you.