Car accidents happen frequently in Northern Virginia, and accidents can be devastating if you are hit at high speeds on the highways in Fauquier County. Surpisingly, the highways in the many rural areas of Fauquier County can be just as dangerous for driving. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration collected data to show that twice as many highway deaths and severe accidents occur in rural areas due to the driver's sense of security from less traffic and distractions than what occurs in city areas. Severe accidents can lead to expensive medical bills and long court battles.
Fortunately, many car accidents are small enough and allow the accident victims to settle themselves. Regardless of the severity of the accident, it is always a good idea to contact a personal injury attorney for a free consultation. If your accident resulted in minor injuries that resolved quickly, you can watch our free webinars on settling a car accident without an attorney and negotiating with your insurance company.
When Should You Contact an Attorney About Your Fauquier County Car Accident?
To clarify, there is a two year statute of limitations for filing a car accident lawsuit. This means that your first priority should be to recover from all injuries before you decide to contact an attorney.
If any of the following is true for your car accident, contact an attorney for a free consultation:
- Your sustained severe injuries (broken bones, torn ligaments, or lacerations)
- The driver’s insurance company is offering a quick settlement before you finished treating.
- The other driver is underinsured, and you need to claim against your Med Pay policy.
Generally, car accidents that are property-damage only or there is little dispute over the medical bills can be settled without an attorney.
What Should You Look for in a Fauquier County Personal Injury Attorney?
Most personal injury attorneys follow the “traditional” rules of personal injury cases, but not all car accident attorneys operate the same way. Your choice in attorneys should be based on:
- Their experience with car accidents similar to yours (truck accident, DUI accident, or pedestrian car accident.)
- The reviews and testimonials from their current or former clients (Can usually be found on their website).
- Their ranking on sites like Avvo.com or Martindale Hubbell.
- Phone interviews with the attorney where you discuss your case.
We encourage you to research many attorneys while you look for someone to help with your case. BenGlassLaw also offers articles, webinars, and books that will teach you the basics of car accident cases.
Searching for a Fauquier County Car Accident Attorney and
Not Sure What to Look For?
A good attorney will let their actions do the talking. There are so many attorneys out there talking about how "aggressive" they are or how they "care." We've found that if you need to say it that much, you should probably spend more time doing it instead.
If you have suffered from a car accident, then we sincerely hope you make a full recovery. At BenGlassLaw, we try to provide you with as much helpful information as possible to help your case move smoothly as you focus on treating your injuries.
If you have questions, the best way to start your conversation with our professional team at BenGlassLaw is to pick up the phone and dial us - the conversation is 100% confidential and without any obligation: (703)584-7277.
The BenGlassLaw 25% Fee Agreement
All of our personal injury cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. What that means is, there's no upfront cost to the client and there's no hourly rate, so you won't get a ledger at the end of the case. A percentage of the recovery is the attorney's fee. A contingent fee is very common in personal injury cases, and almost every personal injury attorney in the United States operate on a contingent fee basis.
The standard personal injury fee is typically a third of the recovery. For example, if your case settles for $100,000 your personal injury attorney's fee is $33,333.
Our Fee is Different. We Charge a Sliding Fee.
Our personal injury fees are 25% of the recovery if we settle your case without ever filing a lawsuit, AND our fee is 25% of your recovery if we file a lawsuit, and settle the case any time before 90 days before trial. If we get within 90 days before trial, that's really when all the work happens, and so our fee goes up 33% of the settlement.
While most personal injury attorneys will charge you a flat 33%, we charge less depending on when we settle your claim. The reason for this is most casework happens in the 90 days before trial. If your case settles before this period, we've done less work and therefore charge our clients less.
The only cases our personal injury team handles are auto accidents, dog bites, and slip and fall cases. We're not reviewing contracts, we're not doing criminal defense, and so we don't have to reinvent the wheel and do all the research on all of these cases. We're an efficient machine, and we're good at what we do, and we know personal injury law in Virginia. We are better at using our time and our energy, and we can pass those cost savings along to the clients.
We're an efficient machine and we're good at what we do, and we know personal injury law in Virginia. We are better at using our time and our energy, and we can pass those cost savings along to the clients.
Important exclusions to our 25% fee agreement: Our firm does handle medical malpractice cases and long-term disability appeals cases. Those are much more time-intensive from day one, from the time that they come into the office, and much more expensive for us from day one. In those cases, we have a different fee structure.
Your First Personal Injury Consultation is Free - You Don't Pay us Anything Until the Settlement!
Here's how we can help you with your car accident case today:
- Download our free books, 5 Deadly Sins that will Wreck Your Injury Claim and GetItSettled. These books can help you start thinking about your car accident case. If you have a small car accident case, GetItSettled can show you how to settle this case yourself!
- Attend our free webinar, GetItSettled University. On this webinar, Virginia Trial Attorney Brian Glass and ex-insurance adjuster Joe Mann talk about the process of settling your small car accident case without an attorney.
- Call our office at (703) 584-7277 and speak to one of our staff members about your case. You can schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys, or simply ask our Client Care Specialist some questions about your personal injury case.
- Browse our collection of articles, FAQs, and blog posts about personal injury cases. If you don't see your question answered there, fill out a contact form on our website and tell us more about your specific situation.
Our Proven Process for Personal Injury Cases
- One-on-One Consultation and Strategy Session with personal injury attorney
- Firm notifies all insurance companies that we represent the client and the insurance company never calls the client again
- Firm requests all medical bills and records
- Client receives follow-up calls every 30-60 days while in medical care so that we can ensure we know every provider they treat with.
- When finished with medical care, client receives a written case evaluation before any demand goes to the insurance company and before any offer is made.
- If insurance company makes an offer which meets our case evaluation and the client's settlement authority, the case is settled.
- If the insurance company does not make a satisfactory offer, we file suit and move the case towards trial, if necessary.
- At the close of the case, the firm satisfies all outstanding medical bills and liens so that the fund received by the client are free and clear of any debt.
If you would like to speak with an attorney about your case,
pick up the phone and call BenGlassLaw today at (703)584-7277
- You will speak to our Client Care Specialist about your case. They will ask you:
- Where the accident happened
- What were your injuries
- If there was a police report
- What happened just before the accident
- What happened just after the accident
- Who was in the vehicle with you
- What your medical treatment has been since the accident
- If you missed work or other appointments
- What the insurance company has communicated with you
- Client Care Specialist will make you an appointment to speak with one of our attorneys. If we do not take your specific type of case, we will refer you to one of our attorney partners who can best assist you.
- After your call, you will receive an introductory toolkit with information about your case and resources you can use.
We believe in adding value to people's lives. If we see that hiring us will not add value to your claim, we will make a recommendation for an attorney who can help or, give you information on settling your case yourself. We will NEVER pressure you into hiring us for your case if that does not benefit you.