What you should do if you have already done your research and are ready to hire us
Click on the red "TELL US YOUR STORY" bar (above) and let's get started.
What you should do if you have not done your research yet
Confirm that we are the right choice at: JustReadtheReviews.com
Visit AttorneySearchSecrets.com for more information about searching for attorneys on the Internet.
Still Not Convinced? Keep Reading!
In many accident claims, the insurance company will offer low-ball, unfair settlements until the plaintiff proves they are willing to go to trial. Experienced personal injury attorneys know the tactics of the insurance company, and they can help if you are struggling to reach a fair settlement.
Insurance companies hope you find your way to someone who does injury cases as a "side-hustle."
*Self-explanatory image from an attorney only Facebook group
BenGlassLaw’s Six-Point Assessment of Personal Injury Cases – Do You Really Need an Attorney?
Some attorneys are all too happy to take your personal injury case, and they never tell you that most small car accidents can be settled without an attorney. How can you know that your case requires an attorney? What should you do if you don’t need an attorney?
BenGlassLaw will never try to convince you to hire us if we don’t believe we will add value to your claim. BenGlassLaw believes in empowering through education, and for the car accidents that we know the victim doesn’t need an attorney, we will direct you to our resources to handle the case yourself.
How Does BenGlassLaw Evaluate Personal Injury Cases?
Our lawyers perform a Six-Point Assessment of your case to determine whether hiring an attorney makes sense for you.
- Determine Fault – Virginia is a contributory negligence state. If you are at-fault for your accident, even 1% at-fault, you cannot recover damages for your accident. Often, insurance companies use this to reject personal injury claims, even when the victim didn’t contribute to the accident.
- Current Injury – The worse your injury, the more it makes sense to hire a lawyer for your personal injury claims. Accident victims with serious injuries, like broken bones or torn ligaments, should consult with an attorney BEFORE making any recorded statements with the insurance company.
- Previous Injuries – Insurance companies love to use previous injuries as a reason to fight car accident claims. They will point to your previous injuries and claim your car accident injuries are “preexisting,” even when they were caused or worsened by an accident. We will review with you your past medical history to see what impact your health history will have on your settlement.
- Treatment – Insurance companies have a ”length of treatment algorithm” that they use to determine how long you should be treating. If your medical treatment takes longer than the insurance company deems is normal, they will not give you a fair offer for your medical bills.
- Car Insurance – “You can’t get blood from a stone.” We have seen more good cases torpedoed by poor insurance then we can count. As most people don’t know, it is perfectly legal to drive in Virginia without car insurance. If the person who caused your accident is uninsured or underinsured, we will need to look at your policy to see if we can find coverage to pay for your damages.
- Your Health Insurance – Many health insurance companies will seek repayment of bills they paid on your behalf. Will make sure they don’t get more than they deserve (which is sometimes zero).
Your Personal Injury Six-Point Assessment is Free - You Don't Pay us Anything Until the Settlement!
The team at BenGlassLaw wants to help you get a fair result for your personal injury case so you can get back to living your life. Our main office is in Fairfax, VA, but we can meet with clients virtually or by phone anywhere in Virginia.
How to Find the Best Attorney for Your Fairfax County Car Accident
There are many personal injury attorney directories where you can find a lawyer for your car accident. However, we recommend digging a little deeper than the standard “Top Attorneys Near You” lists. Often, these lists sort attorneys by their proximity to your address, but the location alone shouldn’t guide your hiring decisions. Here are the basic steps to find the best accident attorney near you.
Step 1: Research Car Accident Claims Similar to Your Accident
Many unique situations apply to your car accident. Your car, employment, injuries, medical conditions, and driving conditions are all relevant to your personal injury claim. When selecting an attorney, after reading the online reviews, check the attorney’s website for settlement and verdict results. This will help you figure out the attorney’s experience with your type of accident.
Step 2: Ask Your Friends and Family for Referrals
Most of our clients are referred to us by former happy clients. Even in a world of detailed online reviews, a referral from someone you trust still matters.
If you worked with an attorney before, ask them who they would recommend for a personal injury attorney. Most attorneys create networks with other attorneys who they trust, and they know who has a good reputation in your community.
Step 3: Gather Your List of Potential Attorneys and Research Their Background
If you need to hire an attorney, do your research. It is shocking that people still hire law firms without even a cursory internet search. A quick search of any attorney should tell you how they treat clients and whether they are the right fit for you.
Websites like avvo.com and Google will give you reliable, objective reviews of attorneys. Make sure to search by attorney name and not the law firm name. You should also visit the attorney’s website to review their case results. Case results are a great way to review the attorney’s experience and their track record of success.
Step 4: Call to Schedule Interviews with Potential Attorneys
The best way to learn more about an attorney is by calling and scheduling a phone or video consultation. During this call, they will speak with you about the details of your case and what you can expect if you hire them.
Don’t be afraid to ask about the attorney’s experience, their case results, and their online materials. Most good attorneys will happily answer all your questions and eagerly share resources where you can learn more about personal injury.