We will keep this simple:
What you should do if you have already done your research and are ready to tell us your story
Click on the red "TELL US YOUR STORY" bar (above) and let's get started.
What you should do if you have not done your research yet
Confirm that we are the right choice at: JustReadtheReviews.com
Visit AttorneySearchSecrets.com for more information about searching for attorneys on the Internet.
Why Spend Time Researching a Personal Injury Lawyer?
In many accident claims, the insurance company will offer low-ball, unfair settlements until the plaintiff proves they are willing to go to trial. Experienced personal injury attorneys know the tactics of the insurance company, and they can help if you are struggling to reach a fair settlement.
Insurance companies hope you find your way to someone who does injury cases as a "side-hustle."
*Self-explanatory image from an attorney-only Facebook group.
Start With This – Do You Really Need an Attorney?
Some attorneys are all too happy to take your personal injury case, and they never tell you that most small car accidents can be settled without an attorney. How can you know that your case requires an attorney? What should you do if you don’t need an attorney?
BenGlassLaw will never try to convince you to hire us if we don’t believe we will add value to your claim. We believe that an educated consumer is our best client.
By the Way, How Does BenGlassLaw Evaluate Personal Injury Cases?
Our lawyers perform a Six-Point Assessment of your case to determine whether hiring an attorney makes sense for you.
- Determine Fault – Virginia is a contributory negligence state. If you are at-fault for your accident, even 1% at-fault, you cannot recover damages for your accident. Often, insurance companies use this to reject personal injury claims, even when the victim didn’t contribute to the accident.
- Current Injury – The worse your injury, the more it makes sense to hire a lawyer for your personal injury claims. Accident victims with serious injuries, like broken bones or torn ligaments, should consult with an attorney BEFORE making any recorded statements with the insurance company.
- Previous Injuries – Insurance companies love to use previous injuries as a reason to fight car accident claims. They will point to your previous injuries and claim your car accident injuries are “preexisting,” even when they were caused or worsened by an accident. We will review with you your past medical history to see what impact your health history will have on your settlement.
- Treatment – Insurance companies have a ”length of treatment algorithm” that they use to determine how long you should be treating. If your medical treatment takes longer than the insurance company deems is normal, they will not give you a fair offer for your medical bills.
- Car Insurance – “You can’t get blood from a stone.” We have seen more good cases torpedoed by poor insurance then we can count. As most people don’t know, it is perfectly legal to drive in Virginia without car insurance. If the person who caused your accident is uninsured or underinsured, we will need to look at your policy to see if we can find coverage to pay for your damages.
- Your Health Insurance – Many health insurance companies will seek repayment of bills they paid on your behalf. Will make sure they don’t get more than they deserve (which is sometimes zero).