What Should You Do First?
If You are "Just Looking," then Register for one of Our Exclusive Webinars
Are You Ready to File for Short-Term or Long-Term Disability? Register for Our FREE Exclusive Webinar to Discover what You Need to Know Before You Contact Your Insurance Company
- 100% FREE information-packed webinar on filing a group or individual disability claim.
Free Materials About Car Accidents and Personal Injury
Books (PDF or Hard Copy)
- Five Deadly Sins That Can Wreck Your Injury Claim
- How to Settle Your Case Without a Lawyer - Free Instant Download Reveals: No Lawyer Needed: The Virginia Guide to Settling Your Own Case!
- Find Out What Everyone Should Know Before Talking to the Adjuster, Hiring an Attorney, or Signing any Forms.
Register here for Get It Settled University - EXCLUSIVE WEBINAR!
- 100% FREE information-packed webinar on settling your claim without an attorney.
- How Much is Your Personal Injury Claim Worth? Discover How Insurance Companies Evaluate Personal Injury Claims – Register for Our FREE Exclusive Webinar
- 100% FREE information-packed webinar all about evaluating your car accident claim and how you can negotiate with the insurance adjusters.
Free Materials About Disability and Life Insurance Appeals
Books (PDF or Hard Copy)
We represent people who have been injured in accidents throughout Virginia. Sometimes you can settle a case on your own and save the attorney fee. We can help with that, too.
If you have been recently injured call us or click on the link below and ask for one (or both) of our books:
- Five Deadly Sins, How to Avoid the Mistakes That Can Sink Your Car Accident Claim
- Get It Settled! How To Settle Your Car Accident Case Without An Attorney.
- Fairfax Car Accidents & Personal Injury
- Car Accidents & Personal Injury
- Loudoun County Car Accidents & Personal Injury
- Fauquier County Car Accidents & Personal Injury
- Spotsylvania Car Accidents & Personal Injury
- Stafford County Car Accidents & Personal Injury
- Virginia Motorcycle Accidents & Personal Injury
- Brain Injury & Car Accident Attorneys
- Wrongful Death
No one files an insurance claim because they are having a great day. You filed (or are planning to file) because something has gone wrong. Not being believed and having your claim denied by the insurance company just kicks you while you’re down. We can help.
Benefit claims are denied all the time, most often for one of these two reasons:
- You do not meet the conditions defined in the policy. Insurance companies will argue that this is the ONLY reason claims are denied, but our vast experience tells us that’s not true. Very often…
- Your claim has been denied for a false or made-up reason, which is explained in official-sounding insurance language designed to make you give up and go away. This is a frivolous claim denial.
While there’s not much we can do in the first instance (except explain your policy in terms you can understand), in the second instance, we can fight to overturn a frivolous, unprincipled, erroneous denial. Insurance companies don’t make it easy, though.
- Long-term Disability (ERISA and Individual)
- Short-term Disability (ERISA and Non-ERISA)
- Cigna Disability Denials
- Lincoln Financial Group Disability Denials
- Liberty Mutual Disability Denials
- Aetna Disability Denials
- Hartford Disability Appeals
- Prudential Disability Denials
- Reliance Standard Disability Denials
- Mutual of Omaha Disability Denials
- Unum Disability Denials
- Principal Financial Disability Denials
- MetLife Group Disability Denials
- Standard Insurance Company Disability Denials
- Life Insurance Claim Denials
Whether you just starting the application process or dealing with a denial, we can help. The key is to make contact with us as soon as possible, especially if you have already been denied. Appeals periods are usually 60 days and we want to keep your case moving through the appeals process. Don’t let past rejections from Social Security or the VA discourage you. Let’s take a fresh look, map out a plan and win your benefits.
Workers compensation is a no-fault sytem in Virginia. It helps relieve the hardship for an injured worker but it does not provide "full compensation." Injured workers have questions and often make mistakes in dealing with their claims. This site, and Michele's free book, The Ultimate Guide to Worker's Compensation in Virginia, answer your questions.