BenGlassLaw helps people like you make smart decisions about their legal issues.
Whether we are the ones personally working on the case, partnering with another firm, or helping you find a good attorney in a practice area we don't personally handle, the BenGlassLaw team is here to make life easier for you during a stressful time.
What you will find on this site is information and a way to next a positive step forward with your legal issue. Of course, the best thing you can do is reach out to us directly to talk about your problem, but you may want to start by finding the best section for you below and clicking on it. You will find a page with information specific to the help you may need.
Additionally, you can request a special information package for any one of our practice areas by calling 703-584-7277. Each package in includes:
- A book on the practice area: car accidents, malpractice, disability, workers compensation, etc
- A Consumer Guide to Lawyer Advertising (this takes you behind the curtain on the world of lawyer ads!)
- Informational CD and DVD
- Other useful items and tokens of appreciations from the BenGlassLaw team
We represent people who have been injured in accidents throughout Virginia. Sometimes you can settle a case on your own and save the attorney fee. We can help with that, too.
If you have been recently injured call us or click on the link below and ask for one (or both) of our books:
- Five Deadly Sins, How to Avoid the Mistakes That Can Sink Your Car Accident Claim
- Get It Settled! How To Settle Your Car Accident Case Without An Attorney.
No one files an insurance claim because they are having a great day. You filed (or are planning to file) because something has gone wrong, and having your claim denied just kicks you while you’re down. We can help.
Benefit claims are denied all the time, most often for one of these two reasons:
- You do not meet the conditions defined in the policy. Insurance companies will argue that this is the ONLY reason claims are denied, but our vast experience tells us that’s not true. Very often…
- Your claim has been denied for a false or made-up reason, which is explained in official-sounding insurance language designed to make you give up and go away. This is a frivolous claim denial.
While there’s not much we can do in the first instance (except explain your policy in terms you can understand), in the second instance, we can fight to overturn a frivolous, unprincipled, erroneous denial. Insurance companies don’t make it easy, though.
- Long-term Disability (ERISA and Individual)
- Short-term Disability (ERISA and Non-ERISA)
- Cigna Disability Denials
- Lincoln Financial Group Disability Denials
- Liberty Mutual Disability Denials
- Aetna Disability Denials
- Hartford Disability Appeals
- Prudential Disability Denials
- Reliance Standard Disability Denials
- Mutual of Omaha Disability Denials
- Unum Disability Denials
- Principal Financial Disability Denials
- MetLife Group Disability Denials
- Standard Insurance Company Disability Denials
- Life Insurance Claim Denials
Whether you just starting the application process or dealing with a denial, we can help. The key is to make contact with us as soon as possible, especially if you have already been denied. Appeals periods are usually 60 days and we want to keep your case moving through the appeals process. Don’t let past rejections from Social Security or the VA discourage you. Let’s take a fresh look, map out a plan and win your benefits.
Workers compensation is a no-fault sytem in Virginia. It helps relieve the hardship for an injured worker but it does not provide "full compensation." Injured workers have questions and often make mistakes in dealing with their claims. This site, and Michele's free book, The Ultimate Guide to Worker's Compensation in Virginia, answer your questions.
Make sure you are making a smart, informed decision by first ordering our free, no-obligation information on hiring a Virginia attorney for your case. We're confident that you will benefit from the expertise of Fairfax, VA, attorney Ben Glass, the author of The Truth About Lawyer Advertising and countless other consumer legal guides.