If you have been in a car accident, then you are probably getting a lot of well-meaning advice from friends, family, and colleagues. Some will encourage you to go out and hire an attorney right away.
You will probably start researching on the Internet to find out what others say. When you go to most lawyer's websites they will encourage you to hire them now, or "you will lose your rights."
While there are attorney ads all over the TV you probably did not pay much attention to them before your accident because you definitely did not need an attorney at the time. Now, you see ads all over the place. You may even hear them on the radio.
Here is our advice:
- Most people for most accidents do not need to actually hire an attorney right away
- The majority of accident victims probably just need some useful information to deal with the insurance adjusters, their own doctors, and their own health insurance company.
- When it does come time to talk to an attorney you are going to want to make sure you are speaking to a nationally board-certified specialist-So you are going to need to know how to separate the good attorneys from the rest
Here are some resources for car accident victims before you hire an attorney:
- Without any obligation to hire our firm you can call our office at 540-999-5340 and talk to us. The call is free. No obligation. We will even send you a free information package just for asking.
- Visit www.TheAccidentBook.com and fill out a simple form. You can download our book and you do not even have to talk to us first!
- Visit www.LegalAcademyVideos.com to view many informational videos about your accident claim. You may find that you never even need an attorney.
- Visit GetItSettled.com and download our free book that may help you settle your case without an attorney.
- Watch 9QuestionsToAsk.com - This provocative and controversial short video will help you find the right attorney for your case. (We even had one attorney call us and angrily tell us he was going to "report us" for asking the questions on the video!)