Best Lawyers uses a system of five steps when determining who will be announced as a "Best Lawyer."
- Nomination- The lawyer is typically nominated by a fellow attorney, client, or marketing team, however anybody can nominate a lawyer. Nominations are submitted online here.
- Balloting- Ballots are created based on the nominations and are and they are distributed to lawyers already listed as Best Lawyers.
- Voting- The ballot asks the question, "If you were unable to take a case yourself, how likely would you be to refer it to this nominee?" The voters rate the nominees on a scale from 1-5 and have the option to leave additional comments.
- Inclusion- The votes are reviewed by the Editorial Staff and they pick the highest rating lawyers to be included in Best Lawyers. As long as they are in good standing with the state bar, they will be included.
- Announcement- The list of Best Lawyers is released online and in their print publications.
To use the Best Lawyers service, go to BestLawyers.com!