Some cases can be settled without an atttoney
After an accident, you probably have a question pop up in your head on the subject of whether you really need an attorney or not for your particular case. The answer to that really depends on you. In general, however, a typical case that could most likely be settled without an attorney would be any of the following situations:
- If there was only minor property damage
- You aren’t severely injured. In other words, the only things you sustained were no more than “sprains or strains”
- You didn’t seek immediate medical attention or you didn’t have more than two visits to the emergency department
- You had four months or less worth of physical therapy or chiropractic care.
- You have been released/discharged from care and you are certain that you don’t need any more care related to the accident
- You lost five or fewer days of work.
These sorts of accidents occur very often in Manassas, and generally don’t necessitate hiring an attorney to settle the case. However, if your case involves some severe injury of sorts (i.e. broken bones, scarring, or anything that required you to be admitted to a hospital or have outpatient surgery) then it’s probably a good idea to hire a board certified attorney in your area.
Have further questions? Still are wondering about the process? Check out GetItSettled.com!