After an accident, you may have a choice of health care providers. In fact, you always have a choice of health care providers.

Indeed you should go to the health provider that you deem best for your recovery.

But...if the question is whether or not you are going to be able to recover for extended chiropractic care after an accident, then we can tell you that you are almost certainly not going to recover for extensive chiropractic care when there is a board-certified orthopedist on the other side.

This statement is based upon not only our own experience but in interviews of and comments made by local judges and bailiffs (court officers who have watched many, many cases).

Is this fair? Maybe. Maybe not. But it is a reality in a northern Virginia court.

So, our advice to you is that you should be seen shortly after an accident by a medical doctor in the emergency department, your own primary care medical doctor or an orthopedist to both document your injury and establish a plan of care.

Be careful about any health care provider who recommends extended treatment without a documented broken bone or herniated disk.

Ben Glass
Connect with me
Ben Glass is a nationally recognized Virginia injury, medical malpractice, and long-term disability attorney