This is a tough and hectic time for you. No doubt, friends, neighbors, and relatives have given you their two cents. The truth is, every case is different, a result they you may have heard could have a totally different set of factors associated with it. If you want the facts, you need to speak with a board certified attorney who can spend the time and effort you deserve in your case. Here are a few myths about accidents:
- If you write the insurance company a letter and are reasonable, you will get a reasonable proposal.
- When you are in an accident and the insurance company calls you to ask for a recorded statement, you have to give them a statement or they won’t settle with you.
- All lawyers who advertise that they handle personal injury cases have the same ability, tools and experience to handle your case.
- The insurance company of the person who hit you is obligated to pay your medical bills as they become due.
- All lawyers charge the same fees in injury cases.
- The court system is some sort of lottery that will help you get rich.
- Just because there has been an accident and it wasn’t your fault, there must be some insurance company that will pay for your bills, lost wages, and injuries.
- If a lawyer refers you to a doctor, you should go.
- Juries in Virginia are generous.
- There is a formula for determining settlement value.
As great as all of these ideas sound, it doesn't change the fact that some "insurance friend" of yours is trying to nickel and dime you for all your worth.
The best place to start is with educating yourself on the truth. Yes, there's a ton of great stuff for you to learn here but let me share with you one of my FREE books I wrote just for you. For more useful legal information, click on this link to get a free copy of The Five Deadly Sins That Can Wreck Your Injury Claim.
If you have a question for Ben, you can submit it confidentially online at JustAskBenGlass.com.