While you probably will be reading this article, days if not weeks/months after you had an accident, you ought to know the key things you should document to the greatest extent possible.
The following things are very important and incredibly critical to document when you are involved in an accident:
- Exactly where the accident took place
- The positions/locations of the vehicles prior to and after the accident
- What the accident scene itself looked like after the accident in question.
- Photos of signs, buildings, or other things that may have been involved in the accident
- The names and addresses of anybody who was directly affected and actively involved in the accident (i.e. passengers and drivers).
- The names and addresses of any witnesses to the accident.
It’s important to note that if a state trooper or police officer investigated the accident, there will be a police report available to you. This report will likely help you in obtaining some of the aforementioned information.If you would like more information about car accident cases, you can download a FREE copy of our PDF Five Deadly Sins That Can Wreck You Car Accident Case. If you have additional questions about your case, call (703)584-7277 and speak to one of our staff members.