- Deliberate Delay: Insurance companies may take their time with your claim because they know that you are often in a financial squeeze.
- Requesting Unnecessary Information: Insurance companies often request unnecessary information in order to “evaluate your claim.” This practice often is meant to delay your payout so that they are able to accumulate interest on their money.
- Disputing Medical Treatment: Adjusters do not have the medical knowledge to know what the right medical treatment is for your case. Do not let them tell you where you are in your treatment of if you should have recovered by now.
- Misrepresenting Insurance Benefits: Make sure you get the cold hard facts about your policy and benefits when dealing with your insurance company.
- Acting Like Your Friend and Making False Promises: Watch out for the adjuster that befriends you and promises to pay your medical bills. This is a tactic to stop you from hiring a lawyer.
You need to know how to deal with the insurance companies to avoid being taken advantage of. Learn the right questions to ask, what to expect, and how to handle your insurance company with more information. If you want to settle your claim, you need to have an experienced lawyer evaluate your case and insurance policy. For more information like this, click this link for access to a free chapter of The Five Deadly Sins That Can Wreck Your Injury Claim.
You may also contact BenGlassLaw at (703)584-7277 or visit JustAskBenGlass if you have more specific questions for our attorneys.