If you have been in a car accident and are looking for an experienced Fredericksburg car accident lawyer, the team at BenGlassLaw is here to help. You can reach out to us right now at (703)584-7277.
One of the most important things you can do to improve the odds of you getting a successful result is educating yourself about the personal injury claims process. (Did you know that car accidents fall under the area of law referred to as "personal injury?") To help you make great decisions about your case, we have prepared an important free resource for you. You can download our free Virginia car accident claims book from this website.
What Do You Need to Know About Car Accident Cases Right Now?
- Your settlement amount (or trial verdict) will be made up of a number of factors - The primary thing most accident victims are looking to recover from financially are medical bills, which can add up quickly if you have suffered any major injury.
You can also recover financial damages from lost wages, property damage, and other considerations. Plus, depending on the effect the injury had on you, you may be able to recover money for pain and suffering.
At BenGlassLaw, we create a Settlement Evaluation for our clients to give them an accurate picture of the potential financial recovery they can make. We won't just tell you that you'll make a ton of money and then accept a lowball offer from the insurance company. We prefer to create this document to help you make smart decisions about what is ultimately your case.
- You should make sure you are seeking the proper treatment for your injuries - Your first priority when it comes to your personal injury claim is getting better. Since your medical bills make up a major portion of your settlement, it is important to get fully treated for your injuries, otherwise we won't be able to accurately estimate the value of your case. If any lawyer tries to tell you the value of your case before you are finished, or at least nearly finished, with your treatment, run the other way. You can't know the complete value until treatment is complete.
You don't need to a call a Fredericksburg lawyer right after getting in an accident. Focus on your recovery. You have two years to file a lawsuit, so don't rush into a decision without thinking it through.
- Be honest with all healthcare and legal professionals - Don't lie to your doctor or your lawyer. That's an easy way to wreck your claim. We've seen too many cases implode because the victim lied to his or her doctor or lied to an attorney about the extent of his or her injury. There's no need to lie. It only puts your claim at risk of collapsing.
- Document as much as possible - The more documentation you can provide about the accident and your recovery, the better off your claim will be as you negotiate a settlement. Accurate documentation also means that you can refer to what you've written down rather than worrying about remembering every little detail.
Being in an accident and dealing with the aftermath is stressful. That stress can wear on your memory, so keep notes about everything starting with the accident itself.
- You may not need a lawyer - That may sound crazy coming from a law firm, but the truth is that not every car accident claim requires a lawyer to settle it. Some small property damage claims can be settled by the victim. HOWEVER, you should still consult with an experienced attorney about your case before making that decision.
Were You in a Car Accident?
Remember, every case is different. The best thing you can do if you have been in a car accident is contact a lawyer. Our team of experts is standing by to talk with you about your claim. You can call our main office at (703)584-7277 to discuss your car accident claim.