You Came Here Looking for a Plan: "Where Are We Going and How Do We Get There?"
Since 1995, the BenGlassLaw team has helped people like you tell their stories to insurance companies, juries and judges so that they can focus their energy on healing and moving forward with their lives while we do the work of getting you paid fairly.
We are successful because we have a team that likes what they are doing and are very good at what they do.
BenGlassLaw will never try to convince you to hire us if we don’t believe we will add value to your claim. We believe in empowering you through education, and for the car accidents that we know the victim doesn’t need an attorney, we will direct you to our resources to handle the case yourself.
You Are in the Right Place
If you have been injured in a car accident, you may or may not actually need an attorney. Unlike most firms, we will help you make that decision, first.
If YOU decide to hire an attorney, we will show you why it should be BenGlassLaw. (See Cases We Handle)
You have a challenge. An injury has disrupted your life. Now, you are dealing with an insurance company. You've dealt with insurance companies before and thought that this time it might be different.
Your accident claim is obvious and straightforward. What you want is an efficient and fair resolution of the claim so that you can focus your energy on getting better.
The adjuster was nice at first but became skeptical and began demanding more and more information. They began to minimize your injuries and even went so far as to suggest that your doctors don’t know what they are doing.
This makes your life more stressful. The energy that could be devoted to healing is instead siphoned off to fight the insurance company’s mistreatment.
Big insurance companies should not be allowed to do this to anyone, but they do it every day.
How BenGlassLaw Handles Virginia Car Accident Cases
One-on-One Consultation and Strategy Session with a Personal Injury Attorney
- BenGlassLaw notifies all insurance companies that we represent the client and the insurance company never calls the client again
- BenGlassLaw requests all medical bills and records
- The client receives follow-up calls every 30 – 60 days while in medical care so that we can ensure we know every provider they treat with
- When finished with medical care, the client receives a written case evaluation before any demand goes to the insurance company and before any offer is made
- If the insurance company makes an offer that meets our case evaluation and the client’s settlement authority, the case is settled
- If the insurance company does not make a satisfactory offer, we file suit and move the case towards trial, if necessary.
- At the close of the case, BenGlassLaw satisfies all outstanding medical bills and liens so that the funds received by the client are free and clear of any debt.
Some Injuries We See in Car Accidents
- Anterior Cervical Disk and Infusion
- Knee Injuries Requiring Surgery
- Vertebrae Injury Requiring Lumbar Fusion Surgery
- Rotator Cuff Injury Requiring Surgery
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Implantation
- Trigger Point Injection
- Sacroiliac Nerve Block
- Radio-Frequency Ablation
We Are Experts at Dealing With Insurance Companies. Watch the Video Below to See How Hard We Will Fight for Our Clients.
How Does BenGlassLaw Evaluate Personal Injury Cases?
Our lawyers perform a Six-Point Assessment of your case to determine whether hiring an attorney makes sense for you.
- Determine Fault – Virginia is a contributory negligence state. If you are at fault for your car accident, even 1% at fault, you cannot recover damages for your accident. Often, insurance companies use this to reject personal injury claims, even when the victim didn’t contribute to the accident.
- Current Injury – The worse your injury, the more it makes sense to hire a lawyer for your personal injury claims. Accident victims with serious injuries, like broken bones or torn ligaments, should consult with an attorney BEFORE making any recorded statements with the insurance company.
- Previous Injuries – Insurance companies love to use previous injuries as a reason to fight car accident claims. They will point to your previous injuries and claim your car accident injuries are “preexisting.” We will review with you your past medical history to see what impact your health history will have on your settlement.
- Treatment – Insurance companies have a ”length of treatment algorithm” that they use to determine how long you should be treating. If your medical treatment takes longer than the insurance company deems is normal, they will not give you a fair offer for your medical bills.
- Car Insurance – “You can’t get blood from a stone.” We have seen more good cases torpedoed by poor insurance than we can count. As most people don’t know, it is perfectly legal to drive in Virginia without car insurance. If the person who caused your accident is uninsured or underinsured, we will need to look at your policy to see if we can find coverage to pay for your damages.
- Your Health Insurance – Many health insurance companies will seek repayment of bills they paid on your behalf. Will make sure they don’t get more than they deserve (which is sometimes zero).