What benefits come from filing Virginia personal injury claims?
The obvious answer to this question is that you are awarded the cost of your medical bills, lost wages and are often compensated for future losses and suffering.
Typical Virginia personal injury claims settled with victims may result in the following types of compensation:
- Medical bills - this includes bills resulting from the accident response up to ongoing treatment and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages - if the victim was employed, this includes wages lost during time out from work because of the injury.
- Pain and suffering - also known as non-economic damages, this amount varies depending on the type of impact the injuries have on the victim and their daily life.
- Future medical expenses - this accounts for injuries that require ongoing treatment or permanent care.
- Future lost wages - this accounts for injuries that result in permanent disability or prolonged inability to return to work.
For families who suffer a wrongful death of a loved one, which is another more specific type of Virginia personal injury claim, damages can be sought for loss of emotional and financial support. You can discuss your individual options with your Fairfax personal injury attorney in the event your accident resulted in the death of a loved one.
There are other non-monetary benefits that come with filing successful Virginia personal injury claims. A Fairfax personal injury attorney often helps victims seek punitive damages when their client was injured by a business or professional. Many medical malpractice claims result in punitive damages to prevent doctors from engaging in risky behavior.
Punitive damages serve as an attempt to set an example for other professional organizations that are often the cause of Virginia personal injury claims. Often when you hear of class action lawsuits that result in million dollar settlements, companies that are found to be negligent in consumer safety, do thorough reviews of their products to prevent similar incidents.
Don't Hesitate to Seek Help from a Fairfax Personal Injury Attorney
Never be afraid to consult with a Fairfax personal injury attorney if you have been injured because of another's negligence. You should feel no guilt in the pain and suffering someone else's actions have caused you. If you were legitimately innocent in the cause of your injuries, you deserve to be compensated for your losses.
Contacting a Fairfax Personal Injury Attorney
You don't have to deal with insurance companies and paperwork alone when you're looking to file a Virginia personal injury claim. Fairfax personal injury attorney Ben Glass fights to help victims in the Virginia and D.C. areas settle their personal injury claims.
Before you go any further with your decision, learn more about personal injury cases by clicking on this link to download a FREE copy of Ben's book, The Five Deadly Sins That Can Wreck Your Injury Claim.
To set up a no-cost consultation, contact me today - 703-591-9829.