Tell Us Your Story

If a doctor mistakenly writes the wrong information on a form, you should first attempt to get that doctor to make the change and make an explanation as to why the change is made.  You should also file with your disability insurance company your own explanation of how your illness is not work related.  If you are being treated by other doctors, they too can file a report or form indicating that your illness is not work related.  If you get turned down for short-term disability you have the right to appeal that denial.  When you appeal, you will need to provide additional information which demonstrates that you are entitled to benefits.

Ben Glass
Connect with me
Ben Glass is a nationally recognized car accident and ERISA disability attorney in Fairfax, VA.