What happens to so many people is that when it comes time to take advantage of their disability coverage they are surprised to discover it’s not that easy to obtain benefits.
Below is a list of common misconceptions about Virginia disability insurance claims. These may be things that you have believed about your disability insurance coverage.
- You will receive a fair settlement offer from the insurance company, as long as you write a letter to them and are reasonable with your request.
- All you have to do to obtain benefits is fill out the insurance form and drop it in the mail.
- You won’t have any trouble obtaining long-term disability benefits, even though you have been awarded Social Security disability benefits.
- The insurer sent you an “activity log” only because they are interested in what you are doing each day.
- If you have to go to trial, your doctors will testify on your behalf and convince the judge that you are disabled.
- When your employer tells the insurance company that you are too disabled to work, you will automatically receive benefits.
This list is a sample taken from my book, Robbery Without a Gun. For more information, be sure to order your copy.