Some lawyers in our market look at what we do to market BenGlassLaw and wonder what we could be thinking. After all we:
- Have thousands of pages of information at our website
- Have multiple consumer legal websites like here and here
- Produce hundreds of consumer information videos a year
- Author several new consumer books a year and give them away for free
- Provide CDs and DVDs filled with information to folks in Virginia who contact us about their cases
"No one will ever read or watch all that stuff", they say.
"You are giving away too much free information, after they read something like Get It Settled Now they won't need you (or any of us)."
To this we say, "keep marketing your old way with your tag lines of 'free consultation' and 'we care'."
Our clients are smarter than that. Our clients:
- Tend to be those who will research a problem first
- Will often take personal responsibility and solve their problem without a lawyer (but maybe with the help of our books)
- Are patient and are looking for the best attorney for their case (and we are not always the RIGHT ONE for their case)
- Don't think the justice system is a lottery
- Usually have good car insurance, having taken our advice on that subject before
In short, our style of marketing works to get the type of client that we most like to work with.