Most long term disability policies are a sham. Not worth the paper they are printed on
Here's one big reason why
- If they pay the claim they will force you to file for social security benefits
- If you win your social security claim you have to pay back the long term disability company
- If you win social security your future monthly LTD benefits are reduced dollar for dollar
- If your children get social security because of your disability, your LTD benefits get reduced more
- Eventually the long term disability company will want to terminate you benefits.
- When you say "but I'm still getting social security benefits, that proves I am disabled" they will say "who cares, we don't pay attention to social security even though we benefit financially
Cool stuff, huh?
Empoyers buy this crap.
Someone's out there selling it.