Some of these insurance company tricks include the following:
1. Telling you to go through the other driver’s insurance company to get your car appraised or fixed. Your own insurance company might tell you that you have to go this route because it was the other guy’s fault. You have insurance for a reason and it is often much quicker to have your car fixed by utilizing your own coverage.
2. Secretly videotaping you. Insurance companies have been known to hire private investigators to take video surveillance of accident victims. The hope is that they will catch you doing something that can be used against you during settlement negotiations.
3. Going through YouTube, Google and social networking sites. The insurance company will be looking at your postings and videos of activity. The insurer may go as far as attempting to be your “cyber-buddy” to try to get you to admit to certain facts.
4. Failing to settle claims for a fair amount. The insurance company might put you at risk of financial disaster by either failing to offer a fair settlement or by delaying your claim.
5. Dissuading you from talking to a Richmond car accident lawyer. The insurance company knows that you have a better chance of receiving a higher settlement if a lawyer represents you.
For more information on insurance company tricks following a Richmond auto accident, order a copy of my book, Five Deadly Sins That Can Wreck Your Injury Claim.