Disability and personal injury clients often ask questions such as:
- Should I go see another doctor?
- I'd like to get back to the gym, should I try?
- Should I try to go back to work?
- Should I start a new business
- Can I go on vacation
- Can I throw a baseball with my child
What they are really asking is "what if the insurance company sees me doing any of these things, will it hurt my case?"
Here's the answer: Play life as though you didn't have a claim or case going on. The "crime" is not in trying to live life to the fullest. The crime is in lying about it or misrepresenting you capabilities. Sure the case might get "smaller" if you are successful and I know many attorney who would tell you to NOT try to get better, and NOT try to get active.
They are wrong. In fact, they are disohonorable.