Calling a lawyer referral service to find lawyers in Virginia is like closing your eyes and pointing to a doctor on the list of alumni from a medical school. There’s no guarantee the professional specializes in the services you need.
We hire lawyers because we need help resolving legal matters pertaining to various life events:
- personal injury lawyers for accident and injury damages;
- family law lawyers for marriages, divorces and custody;
- estate lawyers for wills, retirement planning and trusts;
- malpractice lawyers for professional negligence cases;
- business lawyers for forming new companies or protecting assets; and
- criminal lawyers for arrests and criminal charges.
Don’t rely on lawyer referral services to tell you the name of some random lawyer. Take the time, do the research and you’ll be glad you did when you have a lawyer who truly understands your case and can handle it, rather than having to fire your attorney mid-way through your case.
You’ll Be Glad You Did Your Homework to Find Lawyers in Virginia
You wouldn’t walk into a car dealership and buy the first car you pointed to – why should you hire a lawyer that way? It takes research to find the right lawyer for your case.
There are hundreds of lawyers in Virginia who may advertise that they handle your type of case, but only a handful may be relevant to your needs. To help my clients make better decisions regarding legal representation, I wrote The Truth About Lawyer Advertising. It is available to Virginia residents at no cost. To consult me about your case, contact Ben Glass Law at (703) 584-7277.