Virginia attorney Ben Glass has been invited to speak to the Monterey California Bar Association on March 22, 2022, at noon, 3:00 p.m. east coast time. The subject will be Everything Attorneys Should Know About ERISA Disability Claims.
The one-hour talk will cover:
- What is ERISA anyway?
- Why Does ERISA apply to a policy?
- What's so bad about ERISA-based long-term disability policies?
- The insurance company's denial toolbelt.
- Examples of Claim Time Lines
- A (somewhat) deep dive into a disability insurance policy
- how your car accident, worker's compensation, or employment law claim may affect your ERISA long-term disability claim, and vice-versa.
- How to calculate benefits
- What every attendee should look for in their own disability insurance policy
Mr. Glass will be available for Q&A following the call.