Great meeting yesterday with a new disability client. He had driven almost 2 hours to see us after "researching for hours on the Internet" to find an ERISA disability attorney.
He was a great client and here's why:
- He had spent time on the Internet learning about long-term disability claims, ERISA, and UNUM.
- He had searched the lawyer rating sites.
- He had his medical records.
- He had his employer's long-term disability plan
- He had the forms that UNUM wanted him to fill out, but he wanted to talk to us first.
- He agreed to let us review his forms (and the forms his doctors will fill out for him) before they are sent to UNUM.
This guy was prepared. He asked all the right questions and, most importantly, he was seeing us before he had filled out any forms or talked to any disability claims adjuster.