There's a nasty misconception that people who file personal injury claims are only greedy opportunists looking to make a buck off of someone else's misfortune. In reality, many Virginians suffer serious injury or the loss of a loved one each year because of someone else's negligence. They are innocent victims who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when someone else was not acting responsibly for others' safety.
The top 5 reasons Virginians file personal injury claims result from the need to:
- recover lost wages from being out of work because of their injuries;
- obtain compensation to pay off the medical bills they accumulated because of their injuries;
- secure money to provide for future expenses related to their injuries, such as ongoing therapy and treatments;
- ensure financial security for the future if they are unable to work because of their injuries for an extended or permanent period of time; and
- provide financial support to make any necessary lifestyle adjustments in the event of permanent disability.
Those reasons are far from frivolous or greedy when you think about the impact a serious injury can have on a victim and their family. The compensation received in a settlement for a personal injury claim is to support the life-changing effects of a serious injury.
There are many reasons we file personal injury claims in Virginia, but the main idea is that you should not have to suffer financially and emotionally for the injuries you sustained from someone else's negligence. For your best chances at recovering compensation for your losses and suffering, a Fairfax personal injury attorney can help.
Contacting a Fairfax Personal Injury Attorney
You don't have to deal with insurance companies and paperwork alone when you're looking to file a Virginia personal injury claim. Fairfax personal injury attorney Ben Glass fights to help victims in the Virginia and D.C. areas settle their personal injury claims.
Before you go any further with your decision, order a copy of my complimentary guide to Virginia personal injury claims, Five Deadly Sins That Can Wreck Your Injury Claim. To set up a no-cost consultation, contact me today - 703-591-9829.