Most people who meet attorney Ben Glass come to know him as a father of nine children, four of them adopted from China, a small business advocate, a non-profit and charity supporter, and a soccer referee - in addition to being one of the top-reviewed attorneys in the area (see him on Avvo and Google).
Born and raised in Annandale, Ben has spent his career practicing law in the courtrooms throughout Virginia. A recognized expert among his peers, lawyers travel from around the country to be trained by Ben and his team in the Ben Glass Center for Growth and Innovation.
Ben serves on the Board of Directors and is a long time supporter of Love Without Boundaries, an international charity that provides hope and healing to orphaned and vulnerable children, and their underserved communities, through its education, nutrition, medical, and foster care programs. Ben also coaches members of the Love Without Boundaries leadership team.
When Ben isn't busy helping the clients of BenGlassLaw, he is often refereeing youth and high school soccer games , a practice that dates back to his time at Thomas Jefferson High School and his days playing soccer on scholarship at William and Mary.
Of course, Ben has an "origin story" as an attorney as well...
Benjamin W. Glass, III is a 1983 graduate of the George Mason University School of Law (after attending William and Mary for undergraduate work). Since that time he has practiced exclusively in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and ERISA and private disability insurance law. Today, Mr. Glass concentrates his practice in representing those who are injured by others or who have been denied disability or life insurance benefits. More than a lawyer, Ben Glass is a “life coach” to many of his clients.
To read more about Ben’s background and to see how he is leading the legal industry to “challenge the status quo,” read his book, Play Left Fullback, available at Amazon.
Ben Glass is the author of consumer bestsellers, including:
- The Truth About Lawyer Advertising
- Five Deadly Sins That Can Wreck Your Accident Case
- Don't Try This at Home: A Guide to Your Disability Insurance Appeal
- Robbery Without a Gun: Why Your Employer's Long-term Disability Policy is a Sham
Mr. Glass has been invited to lecture in numerous seminars and conferences around the country, including:
- Mastering ERISA Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance Claims
- Effective and Ethical Marketing for Attorneys
- Practicing Law in the time of COVID-19
- Proving Damages in Virginia Car Accident Cases
- Direct Examination of Medical Experts in Personal Injury Cases
- Use of Lay and Expert Opinion Evidence in Personal injury Cases
- Trying the Automobile Accident Case in Virginia
- Update on Civil Law Changes
- Annual Tort Seminar, VTLA
- Legal Ethics in Cyberspace
- Legal Liability in Reopening Your Church in COVID-19
- Virginia Supreme Court
- Federal Courts in Virginia
- The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals