Go ahead and read this page even if its the 6th lawyer website you've visited today. I promise this is different.
All of the other personal injury lawyer websites say the same thing. (We know, we checked them, too.)
- "We are aggressive" or
- "No Fee if No Recovery,"
- "Call us Before It's Too Late" or
- "We Are Experienced."
Not too helpful, is it?
We are different. We don't believe that every case needs a lawyer, nor do we believe that you have to rush out to hire one.
And, we'll be blunt. We aren't for everyone. There are plenty of good firms that will handle small cases. If your case involves strains and sprains, go ahead and tell us your story and we'll help you find an attorney.
Here are the cases we are looking for and we are happy to chat with you if your case meets these criteria*:
- Your accident or injury occurred in Virginia
- Your accident or injury happened within the last 18 months
- You sought medical care within 24 hours of your injury
- You have a documented personal injury (brain injury, broken bone, loss of limb, torn tendons, herniated disk, surgery, scarring or you suffered a loss of consciousness at the scene)
- A loved one died (though sadly, there is often not enough insurance to compensate for this loss.)
- You were not charged in the accident
- You were not using drugs or alcohol and you were not texting at the time you were injured
- You are not currenty represented by an attorney
- You have not filed a lawsuit already.
*If your case does not meet our criteria you may be able to settle it yourself (and we'll show you how).
- They want to hire a lawyer with a track record of success.
- They do not want to be kept in the dark about the progress of their case.
- The "typical" 33% fee that most lawyers charge for settling a case long before trial is ridiculous.*
- They want a written, detailed evaluation of their case before settlement negotiations started.
- They liked what clients and other other experienced attorneys have said about Ben Glass on other third-party review sites.
*We use a remarkably different car accident contigent fee.
We agree, and we deliver. Our purpose as a law firm is simple: We help people make great decisions about their legal issues. The truth is not everyone becomes a client (we are kind of picky about who we work with and what cases we accept). Whether or not we end up being your attorneys, we promise to get you started on the right path.
We are sorry that something in your life has caused you to look for an attorney. We hope you recover from your injuries and that you can get back to living your life. That's why we are making it easy for you to helpful information for you, so that you can make smart decisions about your case.
If you have questions, the best way to start your conversation with our professional team at BenGlassLaw is to pick up the phone and dial us - the conversation is 100% confidential and without any obligation.
Call us at (703) 584-7277, and let's chat about your case.
It's free, confidential, and you are under no obligation to hire us.
BenGlassLaw has offices throughout Virginia, including in Fairfax, Fredericksburg, Arlington, Alexandria, Reston, Herndon, Dumfries, Quantico/Stafford, Williamsburg and more.
If you have been injured by someone else's carelessness in Virginia, you probably want to get your life back on track as much as possible, unfortunately...
You would not believe the lengths that many insurance companies and their insurance adjusters will go to just to prevent you from seeking legal action on your behalf. Some will go as far as writing letters to claimants like you to discourage you from seeking legal representation!
The insurance industry has also been successful in turning the minds of people against the legal process that will allow you to receive a fair financial recovery for your claim. They know that verdicts have been affected by this and will offer low-ball, unfair settlements until a plaintiff like you proves that you are willing to go to trial.
One of the effects of having a personal injury lawyer representing you is that the insurance company now has to deal with an experienced advocate who is invested in the success of your case (especially since most law firms, including ours, will operate on what is called a contingency fee).
Additionally, lawyers like those at BenGlassLaw who have real experience settling these cases and going to trial know how to deal with the hardball tactics of the insurance company.
If you have suffered any kind of major injury in your car accident, you need to seek out an experienced Virginia accident and injury attorney who will guide your through the process while taking care of the tough dirty work for you.
The team at BenGlassLaw wants to help you get a fair result for your case so you can get back to living your life. Our main office is located in Fairfax, Virginia, but we have additional spaces to meet with you in Alexandria, Arlington, Dumfries, Herndon, Fredericksburg, Lexington, Manassas, Newport News, Petersburg, Stafford, Reston, Richmond, Virginia Beach and Williamsburg.
Want to learn about your case and how the process works before calling us? Read our report, The Virginia Car Accident Guide, to learn...
- What form you should never sign for an insurance company;
- What "service" provided by some lawyers can be the kiss of death to your case;
- How to avoid having past accidents come back to haunt your case;
- How to quickly and easily find a board certified attorney;
- What the insurance companies do to investigate your background;
- Whether the "standard" one-third contingency fee is really "standard";
- How to get through the "fluff" of lawyer advertising to find out what's really important;
- How to maximize your chances for recovery in your case;
- Whether your health insurance company is allowed to be paid FIRST out of your accident settlement;
- And what the insurance industry doesn't want you to know about the settlement of accident cases.
Essential information about Virginia car accident cases:
In an injury, accident, or wrongful death case in Virginia, the person who was injured, known as the "plaintiff," is responsible for proving that the carelessness or negligence of another person caused the injury to occur.
You may have already known that bit of information above. However, what you may not have known is that you may not be able to recover damages in your case due to something called "contributory negligence." This essentially means that if you are found to be partly responsible for the accident's and/or injury's occurrence, you may lose out on recovering damages. In Virginia, there is a strict contributory negligence policy - which is why having an attorney on your side to help deal with these arguments can be so important to your case.
Additionally, expert testimony may be necessary to prove some parts of your claim. Expert testimony is generally needed to prove the extent of your physical injury and the relationship of any medical bills to the defendant's negligence. Expert testimony is necessary to prove any other issues that are beyond the general knowledge of jurors, such as the extent of your ability to earn a living has been impaired.
We Won't Leave Your Case Until the Last Second...
Insurance companies like to use what is called "pre-suit negotiation" to try and learn as much as they can about you, your lawyer, and your doctor. The trouble is that most lawyers will waste time trying to negotiate with the insurance company before actually filing suit with the case.
At BenGlassLaw, we usually prefer to file your suit before negotiating. Why do we this? Because if negotiations break down, we want to make sure there is already a trial date in place for your case.
Other lawyers may wait until what is called the "statute of limitations" has almost run out to file suit. We have seen some horrible mistakes happen when this occurs, including attorneys naming the wrong defendant (you can't recover damages if you sue the wrong person). Of course, there are some cases in which delaying filing suit is justified, however there is no excuse for a lawyer to wait until the last moment to see in the insurance company just might cave in for a settlement.
Sometimes lawyers who are not licensed in Virginia will attempt to represent someone in the state under false representation of themselves, hoping to just grab a settlement from the insurance company. When those claims don't settle, they then have to scramble to find an attorney who is properly licensed in the state to file the suit on time. Obviously this is not helpful to you, the client, and it puts your case at risk.
We make sure that your case isn't left until the last second.